Identity Crisis Discovery

So I think I shared a little bit, but I've had a little bit of an identity crisis in the last couple of months since my marriage fell apart.  The idea of finding myself and discovering who I am when I've been Mrs. Hart for almost 25 years has been troubling and daunting.  Yet incredibly rewarding.

Wow!  I am my own self!  I am me!  In the musical You're a Good Man Charlie Brown,  Charlie Brown goes to see Lucy as the psychiatrist and "Charlie Brown goes to see Lucy, who is at her psychiatrist booth. He tells her all the things he thinks of himself. Lucy then clears it up by saying that Charlie Brown is unique the way he is, then asks for the five cent price."


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkp6QKxYncY

He only sees his weaknesses and the Lucy builds on that.  How often to we get stuck in that trap.  And right when he's hit the bottom Lucy says "you have the distinction to be, no one but the singular remarkable unique Charlie Brown."  Charlie Brown realizes "I'M ME".  And that realization alone gives him hope.

This quote was in my in box this morning.  “He who knows others is wise; he who knows himself is enlightened.” Lao Tzu 

So funny!  Yesterday my mentor and teacher at SimplyHealed, Carolyn Cooper, encouraged us on a call to take a personality quiz.  She recommended http://16personalities.com/  So I went and took their Myers Briggs personality test.  I took it a few years ago but this time came up with a different outcome.  

It said I was an ENFP-T.  All of which I knew except for the E part!!!  Last time it came out that I was an introvert.  Not an Extrovert!  But this time it feels right.  I am an Extrovert who needs time alone to get grounded and settled.  I'm easily thrown off by getting inundated by others emotions and energy.  Yet I love to be with people.  So HUGE self discovery!

Then this morning I received from MindMovies Coach Natalie Ledwell an email encouraging me to find myself and take another personality quiz.  This one was the  Archetype Personality Test.
The findings?  Pretty much right on with the ENFP-T.  So interesting!  

What did I gain?  A clearer sense of who I am in this world.  And that I am on the right path.  YAY!!!  Don't you love validation?  It's there when you turn to God and put your life in His hands.  God and the Universe only want to see us succeed!  Those words of self doubt and self belittlement?  They come from darkness.  Let's embrace light and shun all that darkness today!  

 

Comments

Popular Posts