My Mom is the Key to My Success..

This mind flow is an interesting one for me.  Growing up, My mom worked more than full time to support us as a single mom.  Wishing for what I didn't have, the women I admired most were stay at home moms who had a strong voice in the community, but were playing tennis and chauffeuring their busy, talented, confident children everywhere.  I thought for sure that I wasn't confident because I didn't have that kind of family.  I was alone a lot of my childhood/teen years, and I was determined to give that life I envied to my children.  And you know what?  There was a time I was living that life, a little, but I lost myself in it.  I had no goals.  I didn't know what I wanted.  my confidence in myself was gone.  I knew I had talents and gifts but they were all used to support my husband and children. 
Then when my marriage was pulled out from under me I've really been left holding an empty bag with my name on it.  Who am I really?  What is important to me?  What do I want in life?  What is my purpose?  What are my goals? 
I am realizing that before I have another relationship, I need to be able to stand strong holding a bag with my name on it that is full to the brim.  I want more confidence than I've ever had.  So how do I get that?
Honestly?  I am not sure... I set goals, I move forward.  I raise my vibration and I achieve the success that is calling me. 
I love myself.  I love God. and I love others. 
Ok... But how? 
Well...I don't have the answers at this moment but I do know that it will be by standing in my truth and letting my voice be heard.
Today I look at my mom and I'm amazed by her strength.  She never went and played tennis and lunched with friends.  But she motivates hundreds of students, giving them confidence, skills and a strong the base for long successful careers. She let's her voice be heard daily.  And it is her that I admire most now.  She is a testimony to me that perseverance and love of her craft, the Lord and others is the key to incredible success.  That's where I need to start.  I just need to look at my mom.
I'm sure there will be many more lessons from mom to come.  

Comments

Popular Posts