Lyme information from a Lyme Patient Point of View

This link to this blog was sent to me 3 years ago.  It is one of the most beautifully written and accurately detailed description of Lyme Disease I have seen. 

http://willtherebecake.org/2015/02/22/unconventional-gratitude-an-essay-on-chronic-illness/

"...One of the most difficult things about being chronically ill is that nearly everyone finds what you are going through incomprehensible. Healthy people, as you quickly become aware, have the luxury of forgetting that our existence depends on a cascade of precise cellular interactions. Not you. When it is you, in your loneliness, in your forced preoccupation with enduring your new reality, you ache to be understood in a way that you can’t be....
I love deeply my fellow sufferers who have befriended me and still sit with me as we share life living on the outside looking in. In general, now, I just love. Chronic illness can’t take that from me...."




We are Lyme Disease Warriors and we prevail!

Comments

Popular Posts